What is the purpose of the Sports Premium funding?
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following OBJECTIVE:
- To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision (below) that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
Department for Education Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium:
- ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
How can the Sports Premium be used?
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. This means that Waddington Redwood Primary Academy must use the Primary PE and Sport Premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools, but we have the freedom to choose how to do this. We have a responsibility to ensure that this money is spent in line with the key indicators of improvement.
Our academy will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Who is the information provided for?
It is a statutory requirement of Ofsted, under their Common Inspection Framework, to ensure that information on the use of the Primary PE and Sport Premium is available on our academy website. One of the key purposes of putting information on the school website is to keep parents informed, so the information provided below has been written in a format that is clear and easily accessible.